2020: Archived Meetings
The annual Short Story Competition is judged this year by Una McCormack who has given us a presentation in September, 2018.
Una teaches Creative Writing at Anglia Ruskin University. She is an expert on Science Fiction and Fantasy, author of a number of tie-in novels to Star Trek and Dr Who.
There will be reports on the past year's activities, All existing officers are willing to stand again, but if you fancied a turn at a post, this would be welcomed. Following the practice started last year, the meeting will choose the theme for then 2021 Short Story Competition. After the formal business Hannah Hooton, our Publicity Officer, has devised a game which will test your knowledge of book titles. So, some fun as well!
* Due to the coronavirus this competition is held as an online event *
- One piece of fiction per member, which must not exceed 250 words.
- It must have a title of not more than 10 words. This is not part of your allowed word count.
- Entries must be sent to my email address as Word attachments by no later than midnight on 30th April.
- Your entry must be accompanied by a separate attachment bearing the story title and your name.
- All entries will be acknowledged. If you do not receive an acknowledgement, email me to let me know.
- All entries will be circulated to all members (not just the entrants) as a single file with names removed. This will be done by 7th May. I shall explain how the voting system will work.
- Results will be announced by 14th May. First prize is £30, second £20, third £10.